Apr 27, 2005

At The Wheel

i was driving home on the highway this afternoon.  my eyes and mind wander, everywhere but the road.  music can be so hynotising, especially when listened to on a highway that appears endless.  as usual, random thoughts flow through my mind.  certain things i want to remember, but i have no paper. i find a magic marker, and sketch every thought on my hand and arm.  the road becomes invisable to me--until im nearly drifting off it.  cars pass me and im passing cars, i cant tell anymore which is which.  all i know is it doesnt matter.  my desination is home, wherever that is.  i drive closely behind a couple.  i can see and feel their closeness through the back windshield and it makes me sick and angry with envy.  i turn up the volume (led zeppelin--tangerine is now playing on the radio), prop my leg up on the door, light a cigarette and roll down the window. 

No comments: